Join His Honour Judge Stephen Wildblood QC, designated family judge for the Bristol area, and a panel of legal experts to hear about how the Family Court works, what to expect and where to get helpful information.
Find out what the Family Court does, what it’s like going to Court and what to expect in terms of: paper work, giving evidence and the hearing process in general.
Get information about Legal Aid, the support available when you attend Court by yourself and alternatives to the Court process.
This will be an opportunity for you to come to the court building and ask questions about the practice of the Family Court.*
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in finding out more about the Family Court
- All professionals in the field of family law
Other materials covered
- What are Private Law Orders and upon what basis are they decided?
- Public Law Orders (Supervision, Care, Placement and other Orders)
- Civil Partnership and Divorcing Couples
- Who decides on Cases?
- What happens after a case?
- HHJ Stephen Wildblood QC (find out more)
- Louise Tickle, Journalist (find out more)
- Judi Evans, Barrister, St John’s Chambers (find out more)
- Zahid Hussain, Barrister, St John’s Chambers (find out more)
- Emma Whewell, Senior Lecturer in Law, UWE (find out more)
Numbers are limited so book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment (booking via Eventbrite).
*Please note that individual cases will not be discussed.